Monday, August 10, 2009

watch for lizards in the bathroom

So, Its been kind of an up and down week so far. Excited to catch up with some friends but trying to catch up on sleep. I've been having lots of crazy dreams lately and I'm not quite sure why. Maybe its just anxiety, but I haven't been sleeping too well here. So I was originally misinformed and am now only committed to a year in Mexico City. Apparently the contract only allows one year or two year comittments and two just seems a little too long right now. However, if I really like it after a year I will most likely extend it for two years if that seems right.

One thing that has been really great during training is being able to read. I finished a book in a week and it was nice to be able to have that to relax into. I am excited to have the time to be able to read the things I want and to not have to run off and do my homework! I may be requesting to have books sent down!

We had a talk yesterday on health and it cleared up a few areas of confusion. The whole "don't drink the water situation" unfortunately there is not going to be a way to get around that. I have heard from Jess and Caro that they buy their water. But at some point I will probably end up getting sick from ice or unwashed veggies at restaurants or things like that. There are some kind of drops that we can allow our water and veggies to soak in, but it will be somewhat difficult to ensure that everywhere. Other than that, general cleanliness should keep me healthy.

I encountered a couple cute crawly creatures in the past week in Tx, a little green lizard ran across the ground as the group walked to the lake. Just when I noticed it, it got scared and crawled right up lisa's leg! haha. But she moved and it fell off harmlessly. Also, when I was in the bathroom in one of the buildings I noticed a tiny little lizard crawling across the floor. I was told it was a gecko... but what do I know about lizards. I keep expecting to see it crawling up the stall when I'm in there now though...

Lastly, my hair is getting intensely long (I know Mary, you hate me). I've decided that I am going to start cutting my own hair. Maybe get Lisa or one of the other roomates to make the back straight but I no longer want to pay to get it "styled." I will let you know how that goes once I actually do it. Thats it for now. Unexciting week. Starting a new book, Being Peace.

Love you.

2 comments:

  1. MONTEZUMA'S REVENGE!!!!!!!!!!!

    Also, I'm jealous of your long hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so nutty, lady! And I'll be more than happy to send you books. And a blanket. Though I'm sure you'll be stoked to find a nice new Mexican blanket. :-) MISSYOU!!! -H

    ReplyDelete