Monday, August 10, 2009

Training in San Antonio

One week of training done already. At first the training was going pretty slowly... but now it is flying by. It is verry hot everyday and I'm starting to feel like a lazy bum for staying inside and sitting most of the days. I'm gonna try and get out and walk more so I feel better. So, they have told us that it is natural to be exhausted the first couple months of mission. Apparently all the thinking that goes with speaking another language and the adjustment to a new life can be rather exhausting. So far we have all been taking lots of naps and going to bed early. We have also started having dinner in Spanish only. I actually like it a lot. It is reminding me of words that I have forgotten and also making me feel like I actually will be able to speak Spanish on a daily basis. We also went to bilingual mass yesterday, it was great, except for that whole, starting at 8am part.. There was a Mariachi band as the choir too!



I have also started finding out more and more about my site in Santa Fe as the week goes on. I am apparently working in the Guardaria, which is a Day Care for children. I have also heard that the weather in Santa Fe is relatively enjoyable. Usually around 75 degrees Fahrenheit and winters are not much lower than 30 degrees. It gets cold at night and in the morning, but compared to Chicago winter this sounds delightful! The only part that will be a big change will be not having air conditioning or having heat. But if there is one thing I know how to do it is to layer!! I am already starting to regret having left my red blanket (that Katie and Mary are all too familiar with, which I wear as a dress in winter) at home. Also, we are taking a bus down. Stopping in Monterrey to drop off Paula, Mike, Andrea and Linda and then Lisa and I are continuing to La Ciudad de México. I'm looking forward to road tripping through México. There is also a fresh food market that apparently sets up everyday right outside our door, so I am looking forward to being able to eat fresh veggies and fruits everyday! It will be nice to actually eat non-processed local food for a change and support small farmers. Also, our house is at the top of a hill. I'm sure after months of walking up it I will get annoyed but I'm looking at it as a way to get nice toned muscles! haha. These posts are starting to get just too long.. I'm going to try and start being more concise.


I'm hoping to talk to each of you soon. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment