Friday, August 21, 2009

Just days away folks!

folks is a weird word, say it 5 times and think about it.


folkss.... weird.


Anyway. This week flewwww by. It might be partly because I came down with something and was sick for a couple days. Unfortunately, that was probably just the first of many sick days to come. Hopefully my stomach will become very strong after this! ha. (And don't worry Lisa, I brought lots of Dramamine for the bus ride down!)


Yesterday Tere (Director) and Meg (asst. Director) went through all the little details of the program. We also signed our contract. Which I must admit gave me a moment of DO I REALLY WANT TO SIGN MY LIFE AWAY TO MEXICO CITY FOR A YEAR! AHH! and then a moment of wait, Yes. I do want to do this! We also got our health insurance info, so I won't die down there. Or if I do they will at least pay to fly my body back. haha. (sorry bad joke?). We were also able to speak to Jess and Caro our roomates and ask questions about our future home. Apparently it has a church bell on top? I'm hoping that means I get to ring it when I want people to come over and hang out with me.


We are in the homestretch here. Today was our last and final day of orientation. We had a speaker and then had a nice sending mass with all of the sisters. We also were able to meet some of the missionaries family members and friends that were able to come down for the ceremony. Just when we were all supposed to recite our mission statement 90% of us completely forgot it. Thanks to Jen for saving the day on that one! Now I have Saturday and Sunday to rest and we will be officially on the road to México. First the Monterrey group, and Lisa & I, will take the bus all together from San Antonio to Monterrey on Monday. Then Wednesday morning Lisa and I continue on to La Ciudad de México. I'm excited to travel through México and finally get into this whole experience. I feel prepared, excited, but nervous. I can't wait to see my house and neighborhood. I will definitely take pictures and send or post them when I can.

Spread Peace & Love.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, bad joke. And if I can hear your bell from The D I'll come hang out with you!!!

    ReplyDelete