Sunday, August 16, 2009

Esperanza (Hope)

Just one more week left and everyone is starting to get a bit anxious around here. We spent the last two days in retreat=lots and lots of praying. It was nice to try and calm down my thoughts for a minute though, and just be present to where I am and what my future entails. Sister Luli came up from Monterrey (MX) to lead it for us and it was really fun. The first day she spoke to us mostly in Spanish and I could follow pretty well which was good, again comforting. I have to say, my roommate Lisa is so brave to be doing this. She has had very little Spanish training and is still positive and excited for the trip. I can only imagine how hard it has been when she can't keep up with the conversation but I am really impressed with how she continuously keeps trying.

This week has been a little too busy for my liking, however the retreat did give us a couple days to process all of this information. I must admit, I have been to mass more in the last week than I went this whole last semester. I am even going again today, with my Spiritual Companion Sister Betty. Our Spiritual Companion is the person that will be praying for us while we are abroad. She is taking me to lunch so it will be a nice opportunity to get to know her and vice-versa.

Last night I had my first sting of homesickness. It can be a little exhausting trying to keep up conversation with new people all the time. Its been very unlike me but I can tell that I want everyone to like me. Don't get me wrong, I love the other missionaries, but I just wanted to be with someone who knew me, completely, for the night. I did get a email from Mary and a picture text from Kelsey that gave me a little uplift. I've been keeping you all in my thoughts. I hope things are going well.

Staying positive, I am really excited to be in El Pueblo de Santa Fe in a little over a week. I can't wait to be there and see my house and neighborhood.

Oh, I forgot one thing. I had my second dream with my mom in it the other night. I had one before I left where my mom was at the training, here in San Antonio. And 2 nights ago I had a dream that she called me and I had to go meet her and pick her up. I think maybe this is a sign that she is happy I am doing this. Either way, its nice to see her again.

All my Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment