Thursday, May 20, 2010

leaving... on my mind

I've been pretty bummed the last few weeks about leaving Mexico. Every great moment I have with another person seems to be overshadowed by a sense of sadness, that these moments will not be continued throughout my next year.

As well, I have started the process of looking for a place to live, considering and gathering info for entering grad school and thinking about looking for work. All of which are heavy things to consider. But after a really rough day, I remember why I am here. Not to feel sorry for myself, but to give myself to the community. To serve and live together. While I can't ignore the difficulty of this big change I can't waste my last two and a half months here dwelling on it.

I need to enjoy every moment. Capture every second and make sure that I get the most out of this year. I'm not sure how exactly but I will try my hardest.

Moments such as:

- Unexpectedly running into a friend outside the parrish and talking and listening to what has been happening in her life for over an hour.

- Riding the bus home, after a long day and running into a friend.

- Trying so hard not to smile when Im supposed to be punishing one of the boys in class.

- Getting hugged by the whole class and almost falling over.

- Seeing one of the girls in my class who refused to eat, start eating for the first time.

- Having Padre, my boss and the nuns all run to our defense when told we were going to be leaving.

Just a few examples of little things. Unexpected moments that you have to take a second to realize how great they are. These moments may not be huge, and I know Im not changing the world, but these are the moments that make life more bearable and enjoyable for all of us.

Thanks for listening. All my Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment