Monday, November 30, 2009

Live Turkeys, lots of Salsa and adorable smelly kids

So, thanksgiving in Mexico. well what can I say, it was different. The roomies invited nearly the whole parish, so it ended up being super packed. Im not sure I would have made it through the day if I hadn't stayed home from work because I was fighting a horrible cold. We spent most of the week preparing for it and all day cleaning..but that seems natural for T-Day. Apparently you have to be very careful when you say that you want a fresh not frozen turkey because again, like last year father bought two live turkeys which were slaughtered the day before thanksgiving. I didn't even see them but somehow I had no desire to eat them after they were cooked... What can I say friends, Ignorance is bliss... The dinner was pretty standard, except of course there was the salsa, and tequila included. very enjoyable... It was a decent time, but I must admit I was wishing I could see my family and friends. After it passed and I heard what everyone did, I have been wishing I could be home for christmas just for a smidge of time..but I knew before going into this that I would not be coming home. So Im not super sad but I have a feeling Christmas will have a few tears.

Again, im fighting a cold..but I suppose that is pretty standard these days. The kids are all pretty sick with colds. Not surprising considering they still don't cover their mouth when they cough or sneeze... but they are learning that slowly. Also, we've had a small chicken pox outbreak... Sadly my favorite little amigo Paco has unfortuantely not been in school for weeks... Id be lying if I didn't say I seriously missed him. He's the one always crawling on me and hugging me. Ari and I joke about him being my son. Speaking of kids, btw, I had a dream a week or so ago that I had an foster home for kids and my entire class was living there. One kid in particular, Alexis, I wanted to adopt as my child... haha. that was kinda the extent of it. but, I think my whole motherly instincts are starting to kick in... or something. Although still not looking to having any children yet... Today was a good day, although had another poop in the pants incident, that definitely helps to not want kids for the next 5 years or so.

Thats kinda all I have for today. I just wanted to throw a little love out in blog world. This week wasn't super interesting. But let it be noted- I miss you all, and I wish I could visit and party with you all for the holidays.

Todo mi Amor.

No comments:

Post a Comment