Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I am alive.

So, I am officially a slacker at this blogging situation. I said over a week ago that I was going to post about Dia de los Muertos but unfortunately everytime I am on the computer something more pressing takes my attention and I feel the need to do that first. Basically this post is to say, I am alive and well.. Fighting a cold per usual.

Oh! Also, I had my first friend in town this weekend. Okay, so she wasn't technically here to visit me, but Maggie, a fellow social work major from Loyola came to Mexico in order to give a presentation and I was able to meet up with her and go out one night! It was really nice to have my Mexican life and my Chicago life connect and finally seem real to one another. It was also nice to catch up on people and Loyola social work life. What a great fun visit!

Lisa and I are starting a conversational English class in order to help some people in the community with actually being able to speak in English. I am a little nervous but we will see how it goes. Tomorrow will be the first class and hopefully just start out with the basics and getting to know each other. Who knows, it might end up being like most things where people say they will come and just don't show up...

Funny story of the day: my co-teacher Ariana got married last week and the kids have caught on to her calling her husband esposo. So today the kids decided to ask me if I was married. And why not? And then one boy Alexis starts telling me that I should marry his dad... Then it irrupted with multiple kids arguing that I should marry their dads. (Not only is this mildly uncomfortable because I have never met their fathers, but also because many of the kids have variations of divorced, separated, cohabitating or married parents...) None the less, it was funny. I can't lie, some of the kids are so cute I wouldn't mind having them as a step child.... Not that I'm planning on marrying a Mexican man with a kid. ha.

Ok, this is all I have for today. Its starting to get pretty cold here at night. I need to go home and put on another layer. You should be expecting a Dia de los muertos post soon.

I love you and miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment